His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Weekend

Wow! We had  a very busy weekend!  Our grandsons, Joseph and Christopher turned 7 and 6.  They are growing boys!  We all met at a park in Frisco Texas for their party.  It was a very nice park dedicated to children with Special Needs!  What a fabulous idea!
Erika was able to go in a large swing that supported her back.  I think she really enjoyed it.

We bought the boys a few things to share.  One of them was a "Golf Set".   Chris came up to me after he opened it and said, "We have to dig a hole in the yard!"  LOL   He wants to make a "hole in one!" :)

After the party, and taking Anna to fencing lessons, we were blessed with a visit by our Social Worker, Kathi Turner.  This was for our second to the last post placement report for Miss Alli!  WHOOT!
We only have one left!

Alli was nervous.  She doesn't like reports being done, but she got through the event just fine.  She actually curled up on my lap for a while and fell asleep. :)  I think I have the magic touch, back rub down. 

I am so thankful to have Kathi in our lives.  We have worked together regarding adoption for the last 9 years.  She has been a wealth of information and support.   We have just one more required meeting and then.... maybe we'll meet for coffee now and then. :)

With Alli's post placement report coming up due, we will be taking a trip to Austin for apostille and then over to Houston to pick up her passport!  This will mean all of our requirements for re-adoption in Russia have been fulfilled too!  I think this is cause to celebrate!  I hope we can hit the beach and play for a day!

Today, was also a very busy day.  We attended the wedding for a very, sweet, young couple.  I have known Karen since she was about 8 years old.  We have been involved with her family,  for many, years, sharing friendship, and play dates with our girls.  They have cared for our girls many times when Erika has surgery or Sarah had surgery.  What a blessing to see Karen, their oldest daughter married today.
It was such a sweet wedding.  And the Lord was Glorified throughout.  
And then, we DANCED up a storm! My feet hurt. :)

Before we left, we took a family picture! The girls are getting really good with the camera's and we figured out that timer thing. :)

Oh my these girls are growing up before our eyes! :)
Here are a few more pics of the night:




 What is it with guys who get better looking the older they get? :)




 LOL.... The unprepared accidental picture. :)
 Ok, that's better. :)




5 comments:

TheCoffeys said...

Love the family picture! Beautiful family!

TheCoffeys said...

Love the family picture! Beautiful family!

Fatcat said...

Great looking family!

katiemacgregor said...

Oh my, so many gorgeous girls!
I have just started reading your blog (from Sydney, Australia)...so moved & inspired by your beautiful family & the way the Lord has brought you together.

Love,
Katie

Christie Minich said...

Welcome from Down Under, Katie! :)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin