His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Erika's Gift FINALLY Arrived!

This has been a long, drawn out birthday for Miss Erika! :)
Her birthday was on Father's day, and we had a blast over the long weekend going to Galveston Beach.  
But her main birthday gift had not arrived on time!

We decided to make her cake yesterday, but because she requested a "Chocolate Coffee Cheesecake" we cooked it yesterday and ate it today!

So here is the saga of the birthday gift! :)

I was  taking a nap.... 



And it turned out to be an auto part! :) LOL


OOPS!

So yesterday, we made her cake and let it cool overnight! She wanted a Chocolate Coffee Cheese Cake which turned out rather wonderful by the way. :)


FIFTEEN CANDLES!











And then today.... ANOTHER package arrived.... I thought the box looked rather large... 
but hey.... we couldn't tell who it was from:  SO she opened it:
 It was a T shirt she won from a contest she entered! LOL

 And then.... FED EX pulled up.... and they delivered a small package!
 The anticipation was palpable!

 Poor sweetie  has scrapes on her hands from a nasty fall today. :(
It finally arrived!   It is an  Ipod Shuffle with her name engraved on it.  In purple! :)  I think she likes it. :)

3 comments:

katiemacgregor said...

aww, happy birthday erika! poor thing with all those false-starts with the present! looks like it was totally worth the wait though :)

i love that photo of her & sarah. so precious.
my sister lives in italy for now, & i miss her dreadfully every single day. i have my four brothers here in sydney & i love them madly....but sisters are special.

big love to you all,
xx

Aus said...

You pack a lot into your posts!! Great stuff and lots of packages - and the "gift" - all good!!

But Love - yeah - the one with the capital L - it IS the greatest Gift of God...thanks for getting it - and I pray that one day the rest of the world will...

Did the program work? ;)

hugs - aus and co.

Muddled Muse said...

Yay! She really got three surprise packages!
I'm sure the ipod will be put through it's paces soon. I love listening to mine when I'm doing chores.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin