His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, June 30, 2013

School's Out For Summer!

This is our first full week of NO SCHOOL!  Wow!  We are out of school until, August 15th! :)
That is when our new school year begins.

I am starting our summer with a summer cold! :/  Hoping to get over this irritation soon! I couldn't sing at church today because I sounded more like a bass than an alto!

We have had a good reunion since we came home from camp.  Daddy took some of the girls and a few friends out on the lake today after church.  Anna and I stayed home and did laundry and went grocery shopping to prepare for the week.

I loved spending time with Anna. We missed each other last week. :)

Anna did a wonderful job taking care of the house while 3 of us were gone!  Daddy took her and Alli shopping, which I found rather amusing. :) 
I think he is enjoying being a dad to 4 teenage girls! :)

Anna and Alli were able to pick out a few outfits while Erika, Sarah and I were at camp. :)
I didn't know he was such a shopper! LOL

This week, I think we are going to "summer clean" and prepare for a garage sale, prepare for the Vacation Bible School skit that our Junior High Sunday School Class is doing, and spend time at the library!

There will be plenty of time spent on the lake in the evenings, and we are also looking forward to Joe and Becca moving back to Texas with Sam, Truman and Felix!!!

Joseph has been accepted into the Doctorate program at UTD! :)  So they are all coming home! YEAH!!!!!!

I think before summer is over, we will have a few extra boaters! :)

Tomorrow is our youngest SON's birthday.  He will be 30. Wow.
I cannot believe it has been 30 years.... it seems like yesterday!

I love my family.... I love all the activity of summer, minus the heat....

I love the free spiritedness of the season.

I hope you all have a wonderful summer full of memories!

2 comments:

Christine said...

Enjoy it! Your girls are growing up so fast! They are very beautiful too!

Aus said...

Great stuff - so enjoy time with family - and it's cool they didn't completely trash the place while you were gone!! ;)

hugs - aus and co.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin