His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

A Flash....


We attended our friend's daughter's wedding over the weekend.  She is our friend too. We have known her since she was a little girl.  And now, she is grown up and MARRIED!

I am so impressed with this young lady and her husband.  Both are just lovely.
And I thought that not that long ago, she was just a young girl.  In fact I remember her getting upset about  a discussion in a World Views Class and her daddy talking about it in our Ministry Group, and him saying, "Yes! That's my girl!" :)

And now.... she is grown up... Married and starting life with an amazing man.

It is funny how we remember conversations and certain instances are frozen into our psyches!

Today, I was thinking about this and looking at my own daughters.  Erika is about to embark on 15! Sarah 14! Anna is 14 and Alli 13.   It isn't so far away from the wonderful, sweet girl I witnessed marry the love of her life.  And I thought.... wow, in not too many years, this could be any of our sweet girls.

Oh how I pray for that young man that will be their husband.  May the Lord bless them with such a young man as this young man is. :)

And they too, will be a blessing.

I know this to be true.  They bless me each and every day! :)

2 comments:

katiemacgregor said...

Oh those men will most certainly be blessed!
xx

MamaV said...

I met my husband when I was 15... It's a good reason to start practicing being discerning and lady-like at an early age!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin