His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sarah's 11th Birthday



We had an event filled day! Sarah turned 11. In order to find presents this year, we didn't just hide them. We hid them good! She had to open a series of envelopes starting with the first one on her desk that she found after cleaning it off. :)
That clue led her to the next and the next..... and finally after 7 or 8 clues, she found her presents in the dryer, tucked between the clothes. :)




We went roller skating with a couple of friends and Katie and Lillian. (it is also Katie's birthday too!)

After that we went home, played games with friends and had a dinner of Green Beans, Corn and freshly pickled cucumbers. (Sarah's choice) I added pizza for those who wanted some.

She picked making a chocolate cake with chocolate dipped strawberries. And then, we watched "The Jetsons".




It was a fun day! Happy Birthday Sweetie!

2 comments:

Hevel said...

Happy Birthday to Sarah and Erika and Katie!

Annie said...

Happy Birthday!

That sounds like the dinner my kids would choose... Is it genetic that the EU kids love fruits and vegetables so much?

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin