His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Sad for Joy


Our friend Phil has been in the Nursing home for around a year and a half now. He met our other friend Joy, while there, and we have all had a great time together. Sometimes we have dinner together, and we bring them both to church with us on Sundays, and then take them out to lunch.

2 days ago, Joy found out that she is going to have to move to South Carolina. She is terribly sad about the move, but has been given no choice. She would love to Marry Phil and he wold LOVE to marry her, but in the end, she has no choice.

I am sad for her. Though she has dementia issues, she is not at a point of not being able to have a thought or feeling of her own. She is feeling rather violated right now, as her rights have been taken from her.

Her family doesn't like that she is in love. The move came suddenly for her, and she doesn't want to go. The nursing home staff would like to see her stay, but there is nothing anybody can do.

What a sweet heart of a lady. Our girls just loved her so much. We made some pre addressed note cards for her with stamps so she can write when she gets settled in South Carolina.

Taking the girls to the nursing home is great. We go about 2 x's a week and they visit the ladies. We will continue to go, and minister to those who have no visitors.

If you think of it, please pray for Joy, that she transitions to her new home well.
She is so sad right now.

5 comments:

Annie said...

That just breaks my heart.

If only there could be a change of heart in her family.

mommajeane said...

I am sorry to hear this. I remember when you shared on frua. What a terrible thing to happen when you age and to be given no choice about your life... We will pray for her and Phil.

Mamita J said...

That is so sad. I wish all families treated the elderly with the dignity and respect they deserve. I know this may be unavoidable for the family, but I wish their was a better way. I pray for her to meet new friends and to feel at home in her new home.

Mr Lonely said...

nice blog.. have a view of my blog when free.. http://www.lonelyreload.blogspot.com .. do leave me some comment / guide if can.. if interested can follow my blog...

asda said...

Gold will not buy everything...................................................

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin