His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Friday, May 10, 2013

Book Fair Time


We were gone ALL DAY LONG at the Home school Book Fair.  I love going every year.  It is a wonderful event that happens each year at the Arlington Convention Center on Mother's Day Weekend.  It is one of the biggest book fairs in the nation.  Around 7,000 plus people attend each year.  It is located right across from Six Flags of Texas, and the Arlington Ball Park.   Some folks stay in the local hotel and attend Six Flags too. 

The girlies love to attend and volunteer.  Today Anna and Erika volunteered in the check room, where people drop off merchandise they have purchased so they don't have to carry it all day long. 
Alli and Sarah volunteered being "Runners".  They have a really important job.  They go to each vendor asking if they need anything.  They worked the Lunch Hour, so they were busy running to get food for many, many vendors! 
They also received tips! 
I worked in the New Comer's registration area. 

We purchased some of our curriculum for next year, and will most likely finish up tomorrow.
However, the highlight for tomorrow will be when Sarah competes in the annual Chess Tournament.
She is so excited.  She has been practicing with me all week.  I am not really good competition.  So today, she practiced playing with other kids when she wasn't working.

Oh how I wish I had a camera to take pictures. :/ 

Anna has graciously said I can use her camera if I like.  My camera, which I broke the other day, is hopelessly broken. :(  It would cost too much to fix it. 

So I might take her up on her offer, so that I can get photos of Sarah playing chess. :)





1 comment:

Lydia Price said...

I saw Sarah and tried to find you but to no avail. Just wanted to say hi.
Hi
Lydia Price

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin