His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, May 13, 2013

Yesterday

Yesterday was awesome. :)

It was a time to remember our moms that we miss, and those who are still with us.  It was also a time to receive phone calls from our older children, and even visits. 
Our youngest son Marcus, and his family attended our church yesterday and worshipped together. :)
I was able to snuggle with 6 year old Will and 3 year old Charlie during the main service, and draw Batman and Spiderman figures on the bulletin for them. :)

But when the sermon was on going, our pastor asked, "When we face struggles in life, should we run From God or To Him.  It was rhetorical... but Mr. Will answered it out loud.... "To Him!"  :)

After church and a lovely, much needed nap, after a weekend of book fair events and chess tournaments,  Mike put a new radio in the boat, and started to prepare it for lake time.  We made a nice dinner of Chinese rice, and then our final event was to watch "Beauty and the Beast".   It never gets old. I just adore the music. :)

I talked to my mom and then talked to Dabba.  They are our last 2 moms left. :(  
Dabba sounded just wonderful on the phone. She was full of loving, gracious words.  For those of you who don't know, Dabba is my second mom. She has been in my life since I was 18.  What a lovely legacy of love she has given me and all of her other children.  All of her children are blessed because of her.

I am still not used to not calling our other mom, Lois.   She has been gone from us a few years, and we  miss her. 

Over all, Mother's day was lovely.  A hearty thank you to Mike and the girls and guys for such wonderful expressions of love. The girl's card was so cute.  Inside were 4 little cards and each one had a special note in it from each of the girls. :)  Made my heart so joyful.

4 comments:

MamaV said...

The girls' card IS cute! What a great idea!

Fatcat said...

That is a cute card!

Aus said...

Glad it was good for you - that's what Mother's Day is about!

hugs - aus and co.

Sergey and Tatyana said...

I really like a card! Its awesome that you had a wonderful Mother's Day, you deserved, you are one wise Momma!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin