His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Changing The World: Thoughts About Motherhood


Mothers have one of the most important jobs in the world.  The daily routine of changing, washing, feeding, loving , caring for, nurturing, educating, discipling, instructing, correcting and unconditionally loving our children is real! 

For those who are in the thick of infant and toddlerhood, and all the daily "changes"; just remember, with each loving change, you are changing the world.  It may not seem like it now, but trust me, your job is hugely important!

For those who are struggling through each day with children who do not understand your significance in their lives, or who struggle with loving you back;  just remember, with each loving response and each act of unconditional kindness,  you are changing the world.  It may not seem like it now, but trust me, your job is hugely important.

For those mothers who have special children, who may have been given a diagnosis that says your children will not reach their full potential;  just remember, with each  loving touch, with each tube feeding, with each surgery, with each IEP meeting or doctor's visit, or therapy session,  you are changing the world.  It may not seem like it now, but trust me, your job is hugely important.

For those mothers who's children have grown and moved on to have their own lives and are now raising their own families, with each prayer, each encouraging text message, each loving face book post, your are changing the world.  It may not seem like it now, but trust me, your job is hugely important.

The Lord has entrusted us with our children.  He designed us for them.  It is not unimportant, or less than to have the title of "MOM".  Each and every day, with our kind words, our gentle instruction, our loving touch, our faithful giving of ourselves to our children and our lives modeled and rooted in the gospel,  we have great opportunity to change the world.

Happy Mothers Day to all my favorite World Changers!

3 comments:

Annie said...

Happy Mother's Day to one of my inspirations!

:)De said...

Happy Mother's Day to you! I praise God for you often.

Emily Minich said...

This is a beautiful post. <3

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin