His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, May 16, 2013

One of THOSE Days!

 Have you ever had one of those days where it seems that everything is just not quite right?
Today was that day for me.  The sink clogged up; really clogged up!  It had been slow, but today, it gave up.
Nasty things backed up into the dishwasher, and it all went downhill from there. I was able to clear the dishwasher and plunge everything into the sink by running the garbage disposal and plunge my heart out. :)
Then I got to thinking...... I actually have a dishwasher, and I have running water, and I actually have a garbage disposal!  There are many people who have no such thing; Dishwasher, garbage disposal OR Water! 
According to American standards, we are not wealthy. But according to the world's standards, we are quite wealthy!  I need to remember to keep this in mind on days that are different than what I am used to.
So today, I worked hard to unclog the sink. It is still not unclogged.
  So, to solve my temporary problem, I moved my kitchen into the laundry room.  I haven't noticed for a long while what a lovely laundry room I have.  I am so thankful for my washer and dryer. I press buttons, and my laundry is done for me.  I put clothing in the dryer wet, and an hour later, it is dry, smelling so wonderfully, downy clean!
 I have been blessed beyond measure with a laundry room that is bigger than some folks kitchens!
And my house, according to American standards, is not that big!
I started looking around at my baskets and shelves and then began to think of how blessed I really am; clogged up sink and all!  I have had many of these baskets for years and years; all bought at thrift stores. :)
 I think I need to dust up there!
 So, my sink is clogged, but I have running water, a washer and dryer, lovely baskets, and a husband who will be able to rid me of the clog in the kitchen when he finishes his daddy daughter date with Miss Erika! :)
 Until then.... we are back to using Paper Plates! :)
  Today was really a lovely day.  All of my girls were awesome!  We were able to get many things cleaned and I was able to model to my girls what attitude we should have when things are not quite as we think they should be. :)
Thank you Lord, for a wonderful day!

Did I mention that when I was sweeping my floor that my broom broke? :/


5 comments:

astudentinkolkata said...

You are always such an inspiration, Christie :) It is not easy being at peace with a clogged sink!

I love reading your blog. Especially the posts that talk about and reveal your journey in faith (more please!:)).

PS-You have a beautiful home!

Aus said...

Yeah - all of what you said - including the "parenting teens" post - it's all good!

hugs - very cool - aus and co.

Christie Minich said...

This a.m. the leg on our new bench broke..... The wood was rotten inside.
Luckily I had the receipt.... 10 more days and it would have been out of warranty!
So, we are off to get it replaced. Thanking the Lord for that receipt! :)

Christie Minich said...

Thank you astudentinkolkata... :)

Aus.... I really do love parenting teens...they are so funny and I just love it that their whole lives are in front of them, and they are about to break free to live them. Like butterflies still in the cocoon... so are teenagers embarking on life. :)

Chris said...

glad you had thankfulness there...not easy with a yucky sink. Such a good example for those girls watching you.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin