His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, April 15, 2010

JOY


We have been visiting the local nursing home for about a year now. We have made some new friends. Our friend Phil is living there now, and he has a friend named Joy. She is delightful.
It makes us feel better to visit and talk with some of the ladies, because we can't be close to Mike's mother who is now in a nursing home. So, while we can't be with her, I 'm sure there will be somebody else that goes to her nursing home that will visit, because they can't visit their mom.
The girlies love Joy. She is as sweet as they come. She has dementia, so if we don't go more than 3x's a week, she forgets who we are, and is pleased to meet us once again. :)

Tonight we had dinner with the ladies at their table. They love seeing children. They don't get to see them much. The girls are very good with elderly people. At our old church they each and a "gramma" to sit by during the teaching hour and they exchanged letters with those precious ladies.
They miss them, since we have been attending a new church.
Today, they brought cards to Miss Joy, and she just loved them.

I am glad they are willing to go and spend some time with those they don't know. It really blesses those who cannot get out, and don't have anybody to visit them.

3 comments:

Holly said...

Awesome! I bet she loves having your family come and visit her! :)

Chiara Elena said...

You had a wonderful idea bringing your girls to the nursing home, since they don't have the chance to visit their grandparents. I started to visit the local nursing home when I lost all my grandparents. I was very upset, I really loved my grampa Beniamino, I was missing him so much, I was missing the time he always had for me, and the way he made me feel special. Then I found Emilia, she was a cute and rather funny lady, she had dementia too, I used to call her grandma, and she used to call me mom, because I helped her to get dress, or eat. Very sweet memories.

Hevel said...

It's such a great idea, especially in our world where age is viewed as negative rather than having value!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin