His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, April 26, 2010

A Fun Visit, An Uninvited Visitor!

On Saturday afternoon, our new Pastor and his family came over for Dinner and to fix brakes on the family car.  We had a wonderful time of fellowship.  Justin and Lee Wheeler came to us from Alabama, where he was an associate pastor.  They are a wonderful young family.  Their children were introduced to chickens and goats and had a wonderful time throwing balls in to buckets and teetertottering.  They also fed goats. FOR HOURS they fed goats... Goats never refuse food. LOL

About 2 hours before the Wheelers arrived, we were out smoking a pork loin, and Sarah yelled SKUNK!!!!!  Sure enough, the biggest Skunk I have ever seen was walking right by our fence. He came from the property behind us.  We have known he was around for a while..... any guesses as to why? :)

He walked right up near our front porch and then, CLIMBED UNDER! ACK! That is where we were going to eat and play!  After a couple of hours, we didn't see him, so we just prayed the kids wouldn't startle him and make our food taste bad.  We decided it would be best to eat inside.

Well, he must have gone to sleep, because with all the noise from children playing, and laughing, he never made a smell. :)


 On Sunday, we are going to have a BBQ again with a different family..... I hope our uninvited guest has gone his merry way by then!

1 comment:

Hevel said...

A great lesson I learned from my rabbi: Life is not all black and white. Skunks, on the other hand...

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin