His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Would You Adopt?

My friend Christine, over at Smiles and Trials, has asked for help in locating a family for 2 sweet children.

Oh how I wish we were able to do this ourselves. But it seems the Good Lord wants to spread His blessings around, and we can't keep them all. :)

This little boy and girl are 10 and 12 years old, from Eastern Europe. They have been home 3 years.
The details are HERE
If you think you may find it in your heart to take on a couple of new kiddos, PLEASE contact her ASAP....

Disruption is considered a private adoption. It is not as costly as International Adoption. Many times the families will help out a little with the financial part. Sometimes not, but it is a doable thing.
Our own Sarah came from a disruption. We have been so blessed to have her with us for almost 5 years now.

You will need to have a home study done, just like a normal adoption.
You can find out from Christine the details.
I can say, just from reading what I read, this is a very doable situation.

Soooo, Where do you stand when it comes to James 1:27?
Who will care for the orphan or the widow, if we don't?

Do you have an extra bedroom? Empty nester? Big empty house?
Why not put it to use? It is rewarding and wonderful.

You only get to live your life once. Why not make it filled with love and laughter?
Afterall, there is only so much quiet a person can take. :)

2 comments:

Hevel said...

As you know, I have an issue with disruption, and the way these kids are described on the internet. I know Christine has the best intentions, but based on what the current parents wrote I can't understand why they want to dissolve the adoption besides being selfish. I'm still not convinced that pretty much craigslisting a child is okay.

Mike and Christie said...

Hevel,
I do understand. What do you think is the best way this should be handled? It is a huge hole in our society! I too am saddened by disruption, but at the same time, both you and I have adopted from disruption, and I feel it was for the best or our daughter.

I have heard of a yahoo group, and that kind of freaks me out. As you said, a "craigs list" for children.
And I too do not feel that is ok.

There have been many successful placements through adoptive parents networking. However, it goes back to my other post about our throw away society. We are terribly narcissistic, in thinking that we are of utmost importnace and not putting our own happiness aside for the benefit of another.
What we don't understand, is that true joy comes from sacrifice and pouring yourself into another, and doing that in the strength of the Lord; being His hands, His feet, His loving compassion.
I totally understand when somebody is reaching out of help because of a severe mental illness, but like you said, these children sound normal.
So what is the problem? I don't know.
I just DO know, they need to be safe and loved.

I do have a question for you.... Were you glad that you were re adopted, even though it hurt to have that happen? OR, do you wish you had stayed where you were?

Rejection is terribly painful. I can't imagine it. I'm so glad you are able to rise above and give to others.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin