His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, June 4, 2009

New Life



We have been watching a small song type bird sitting on eggs for about 2 weeks. She made a nest in my antique chicken nester that is hanging on the wall of our back porch.
We noticed there was some extra grass in there, and then a bird flew out!

She made a nest that has a door. It is really cool! I'm going to try and get a picture of her too, but she is very "flighty" when we come around.

Yesterday, Anna noticed that she was coming and going with bits of food in her beak. Anna made the deduction that the eggs had hatched! So we went to investigate a few minutes ago. I got a picture of them. There are 3. You can't tell very well from the picture. Later I will try to get a pic with mom in the nest. :)

4 comments:

Esther said...

how cute! And so is Miss Kittie Winkle :D
Looks like you have a wren family in your chicken nester ;)

Mike and Christie said...

Thanks for the bird ID. I didn't know what she was. She has 3 babies and is feeding them all the time. :)

JJ said...

How cute! I am glad you added the photo of the mother bird. Congratulations on achieving that!

We have a sparrow who made a home in the hollow of the right mimosa tree as you enter our driveway. We hear her happy little family chirping,but so far, I have only a photo of the "hole", lol. (Maybe the mother bird is camera shy???)

DysFUNctional Mom said...

New life is so special, no matter what the species. =)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin