His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Erika's Day

Let me start by saying I could just kick myself! We went to JJ's pool, and I even brought my camera! Did I take a picture? Not! And guess what! She was SWIMMING, REALLY SWIMMING without her life jacket. She was diving for plastic fish and retrieving them again and again.

I will forever have that picture in my mind, and I will never say never again! I would have never ever dreamed she could swim, but swim she can! YEA ERIKA! What a great birthday gift! Thank You Lord. :)

Next, we started birthday dinner. Erika loves Sourcream Chicken Enchiladas, and she also likes to help cook. Here she is cutting onions. :)


Next was the cheesecake. I didn't make a home made one this year, but bought one of those multi kinds with different flavors. It looks dinky, but they ate it ALL! So it must have tasted good. :)


Here is Erika and Daddy watching her movie pick. :)


What a nice end to a lovely day. :)
Happy Birthday Baby! You are a wonderful awesome daughter! A mama could not be more proud. :)

2 comments:

JJ said...

I will testify to Erika floating on her back AND swimming down to the bottom of the pool. What a joy to see her retrieve these fish that were engineered to sink at differing rates and various directions!

Next year...the slide!

(I still laugh at the slide incident your very 1st visit to our pool, Christie. After determinedly carrying Erika to the very TOP of the ladder, Christie clues me in at that Erika cannot bend at the hips. Thanks for helping me get her back down safely, Christie. We really missed out on the $100K video THAT day!!! ROTFL!)

Lorraine said...

Happy birthday Erica! (And Sarah Since I missed hers being out of town) I can't wait to see Erica swimming at camp!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin