His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Whew! What a Weekend!


It started on Friday, with our sweet nephew Kevin marrying his childhood sweet heart Nikki. They are safely in Jamaica on their honeymoon today. I could kick myself a thousand times because I forgot my camera! But I'm sure I 'll get some pics forwarded to me.

Because we had family here from Oklahoma and Arizona, the girls got to go and visit with cousins Emily and Lindsey, and swim with Aunt Carla, Aunt Cindy and Uncle Bob.
Uncle Bob was a hit in the pool. Here is is with just 4 little girls. :)


Erika has learned to swim! Yea! If you had asked me 2 years ago, pessimistic mom would have said no way. She wears a life jacket in the pool. But this year she has been working very hard and I have noticed she is ready to try swimming without the jacket. Well, she did it! She took off! Aunt Carla was right there instructing her and making sure she was safe.



The girls love it when they can visit with gramma, grampa and cousins.




Tonight we went to our neighbor's house for a big celebration. Their son graduated from high school. There was a big bbq, more swimming, a live band..... and now,
we are tired. But tomorrow! LAKE. It is birthday week! :)

2 comments:

Christine said...

Yes, what a full weekend! Love the pictures!

JJ said...

Wow, I have tears of joy in my eyes just reading about Erika learning to swim. The photo of her floating in the pool unassisted was the "coup de grace" (final blow)! Unbelievable! How can a kid with ZERO body fat float??? (Doesn't this defy the laws of physics?!)

What a weekend! I am tired just reading about it! Glad all went well and your family had so much fun. Maybe you guys can take Monday off to recover?!

Hmmm. Let me know when Erika feels brave enough to go head first down the water slide. What a gal!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin