His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Thoughts about Wisdom and Foolishness


We have been studying Proverbs in our family worship time. Last night we started Chapter 9. As were were reading, the poetic wording was so similar to chapter 2 where wisdom calls out.
All through out the book so far we are seeing the contrast of wise and the fool. The simple and the guarded. It is so very clear, that seeking wisdom, keeping on guard, being watchful, brings blessing. But foolishness brings destruction.

As we continued through chapter 9, Folly is presented in the same poetic form.
Saying the same sort of thing. "Who ever is simple, turn in here!"
And that is where the similarity ends.

The simple who turns into the wise house, receives instruction and understanding.
The simple who turns into the house of folly is lead to destruction and peril.

Oh that God would give us understanding, that we would as Proverbs 7 says, "Say to wisdom, you are my sister, and call insight your intimate friend...."

Proverbs 9:10- The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One, is insight.

Oh that I would make wisdom my sister, and insight my intimate friend. :)

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin