His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, June 20, 2009

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!


To all the men in our lives. :)

My father died when I was 30. I miss seeing what he would have been like if he had grown old. Somehow, I know he would have been kind and gentle. That is how I remember him. I could see him enjoying sitting on the front porch, swinging with the girls, and telling them stories about his farm when he was a boy, just like he told me. I am sad that they missed that from him.

My dad died at 54 years old. It is weird to think that I am almost his age.

Mike's dad is in his 70's, and as active as ever. Well maybe not as ever, I can't really picture him waterskiing anymore, but if he reads this he just might try it to prove me wrong. :)

Mike's dad has been grampa to all of our kids and he is a wonderful grampa.
He is my dad, and I love him so dearly.
The girlies ADORE him too.

Chuck is the daddy to two girls and one just turned 13! One will be 5 on Monday.
He is also a great dad. He loves his girls dearly.

Joseph is dad to Sam. Sam is just like his dad and adores him. I'm sure Joe adores Sam too. But my guess is Joe can't wait to have deep discussions with Sam when he is older and you just can't do that with a 2 year old. LOL Joe is a wonderful father.

Marcus is a dad, soon to be x's 2~! I have seen Marc with Will. He is a tender and gentle father. Will Adores Marc and Marc will. It is so evident in how they look at each other. Another little boy will be here next month. We can't wait to meet him. :)

Tim is a dad too. He has been dad to 4 children now, but none of them get to stay. Tim is a special foster dad. He and Em's are on a much needed vacation this week, so Happy Father's day to Tim too. :)

2 comments:

Esther said...

and poor Mr. Minich gets ignored completely?????? He must be a bad dad (NOT!) ;-)

Mike and Christie said...

LOL! He gets his own post. We just couldn't do it before church. :)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin