His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Friday, April 17, 2009

Our Dad and Grampa


Ed with Great Grandson Mr. Will.....
It is birthday time again. Ed's birthday is easy to remember because it is Tax day. :)

I wanted to make this post and dedicate it to our Dad, Grampa and Great Grampa.

Ed is one of the kindest, most giving people I have ever met. He is a loving father and grand father and tries very hard to be involved in an ever expanding family. It isn't easy having 6 grown children, married, loads of grand children, some married, and then even some great grand children. That doesn't even include cousins, sisters, friends and other family spread from Sea to Shining Sea.

I am so proud of him. He is never afraid to try something new, and he never lets age get in the way of desire. If he sets his mind to try something, he does it. Now I don't see him jumping from a plane any time soon, but who knows!

One thing I'd like to share about Ed is how much I truly appreciate his loving kindness and acceptance of each member of our family no matter where they came from or how they got here.
He is that kind of man who looks for the good in everything, and doesn't give up until he finds it. He has been a great example to me and he is one of my favorite people on the planet. :)

I love you Ed.
Happy Birthday. :)

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin