His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, April 11, 2009

A Cyber Friend Asked:


What Was Your Most Memorable Holy Week Experience:

It got me to thinking, because Holy Week Isn't Over Until Tomorrow... But it also caused me to think about all I have been reading from different people, articles, little quotes etc.

I started thinking about all I have read. We have skimmed over the Death of Christ and Jumped right to the resurrection on Sunday..... tomorrow.

Before that sounds too weird.....Let me explain.

When I was a child, I remember "Good Friday" as being a rather sad day. It was the day that Christ died. I would imagine His suffering; "Was it happening at this time?" "What was He saying, what was he feeling?"

I remember on particular Good Friday where we had dark thunder storms and I placed myself right there, at Golgotha, and the sadness and the weeping, and the storms and rain and darkness covered the earth once again as ALL of creation mourned.

Easter Sunday came and the sun was up. It was BEAUTIFUL sunny California and the morning was fresh and crisp. There was a hint of JOY in the air, as CHRIST had risen, and creation was agreeing with that FACT nearly 2,000 years later. :)

I wonder, if we all try to jump to Easter Sunday, so we don't have to remember WHY our Lord had to come and die in the first place. OUR CONDITION. That ole' sin nature that we so neatly package into suits and cute dresses on Easter Sunday.

When I was a child, banks closed, schools closed, malls closed, grocery stores closed and everything was closed on Good Friday. It was a true time for reflection.
It seems now that we don't take time for that reflection. YES, those who are in Christ are new creations, but it is always good to reflect, to re examine.

So here was my response to my Cyber Friend. (And yes, we are having a CELEBRATION tomorrow, on its proper day.) :)


We were watching Jesus of Nazareth, a family tradition, and as I was watching the girls comment and watch... I was struck by the awesome responsibility I have to lead them in "The Way".

I do not care for the Video , the Passion of the Christ, because it focuses on the wrong thing. (beatings) While the blood sacrifice and death is certainly integral to the Sacrifice Christ masde, the real SUFFERING that took place, was the taking on of sin. It is something we do not comprehend, because we are born in sin. But to the ONE who knew no sin and became sin for us, thus separating him from the father who cannot be in the presence of sin, it must have been unimaginable suffering.

To think, he took every sin, from time past to time eternity and bore it...

I was thinking of the atrocities of WW2 of Darfur, of Cambodia, of hating ones neighbor, of broken relationships, of disrespect and hatred towards God, of false religion and that is only what I know. I can't imagine His suffering, which makes His VICTORY over SIN and DEATH that much more.

It makes me take my own sin much more seriously. Proverbs says to HATE sin, and flee. Do I hate sin? Do I hate it enough?

I can only kneel in repentance to the one who claimed the victory FOR me on the cross, and continues to give me victory every day, because HE LIVES IN ME.
John 14.
"I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you... I will send a comforter, He is with you and WILL BE IN YOU.

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin