His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Trying Times

Well, it has happened again. Just when I figured it was safe to post pictures of our baby goat, another life has been snuffed out. This time, it was by the goats own mother. She laid on him last night in the barn and killed him. It was an accident, but heartbreaking non the less.
We found him this a.m. in the barn when he didn't come out with the others for feeding time.

I think I am truly done with goats. We will keep one, who is trained by the girls, and is able to keep the lawn mowed. The others, we are going to phase out.

This has been a hard 6 months for our family, with all the health issues, and deaths of both family members, friends and animals. (not that any animal is even comparable to a family member or a friend)
As I write this, we have 2 more friends who are both dying. One I just found out about last night, and the other is our friend Phil, who is succumbing to a sepsis infection that has been ravaging his body off and on for over a year. We are trusting in our Lord, that He will bring about His perfect will and plan in all of this , and that our hearts will see the wisdom of His plan. But it is hard.

I don't have a picture to post that is specific, but somehow deep down, I find myself comforted by our Lord, that He is truly in control. I am so glad that is true. I could not imagine life without Him in control. So, I will rest.

There are no guarantees in this life. No guarantees of physical comforts or that life will be easy.
But we do have guarantees that the Lord works ALL things out for God for those who are called according to HIS purpose and plan; even the hard things.

I have reason to rejoice and be glad. My arm is getting better and better. I am starting to see more and more range of motion. The girls are happy and healthy. Mike has a JOB, which is something to be VERY thankful for. We are blessed with all spiritual blessings, and we are thankful for each and every member of our family and extended family.

The Lord blessed us with a small happy surprise for a short time, and brought smiles to all of us. He even blessed Sweetie Pie with a baby, when we all thought she was barren. Everything we have is His.
Blessed be the name of the Lord.

6 comments:

JJ said...

CM, What grand news to hear that your shoulder is improving. What a wonderful answer to prayer. I am glad that you are fairing so well in the face of all of the other adversities. It is so good to know that you sense God's hand in your lives. May you know His will to walk in it.

{{HUGS!}}
JJ

:)De said...

Christie and Girlies,

I am so sorry for this loss as well as others. It is hard to understand with our human hearts, but we are afforded the oportunity to have the Spirit of the Living God to fall fresh on us.

Prayers and Peace to you all,

:)De

Diana said...

You are one amazing lady!! Thanks for sharing your heart, even in a time of sadness and loss.

mommajeane said...

Oh Christie... I am sorry to hear about your losses..but I am glad to hear about your praises. You are an amazing wife, mom and friend.. praying that you feel the presence of His arms around you tonite.

Mike and Christie said...

Thank you all so much for your prayers and kind words.
De, you reminded me of an older favorite song:

Spirit of the Living God
Fall Fresh on Me
Spirit of the Living God
Fall Fresh on Me
Mold Me, Make Me
Fill Me, Use Me
Spirit of the Living God
Fall Fresh On Me...

That is my prayer.

Erika Minich said...

I loved Ministry group. I miss my goat. He was so cute.


Eirka

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin