His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Our Treadmill Is Here!


I love to walk, but lost my walking buddy back in August. It is really hard to walk around our area, because of dogs running loose... so I used to drive down to a track to walk. Then, came my shoulder episode which ate up 6 months of my life. So NOW, I'm ready to walk again!

Mike and I have been saving our change in a huge jar for about 8 years. We counted it, and had enough to buy something we have both been wanting for a LONG time. :)
We bought a Treadmill! I am so excited to be able to do my walking indoors! Mike has needed to walk for a while too, so this is really going to be fun. :)

We found a great sale, and purchased a Livestrong. Mike can plug in his phone, which also has an mp3 player and we listen to music and walk. It has 12 programs to choose from for exercise, a 12% incline and it keeps track of miles, calorie burning, journals your program and tracks your heart beat. You can also make your own exercise program or just walk or jog.

We both tried it out after getting it put together. I have never in my life seen so much packaging for a product. :)
So our next work out will be to get all this to the trash. :)

6 comments:

Mike and Christie said...

I probably should have cleaned my room before I took pictures. Oh well. Real life. :)

Hevel said...

LiveSTRONG. :-)

Chiara Elena said...

A treadmill, the dream of my life! I love to run, but I rarely get the chance to. It is pretty dangerous to run in the park at night or when it is dark, and since I live in an empty house with only a table, chairs, kitchen furniture and bed I think it will be more reasonable to buy a wardrobe before anything else... My treadmill is far away from me... meanwhile enjoy yours!

Rebecca said...

WOW! Looks like a nice one. Enjoy it! =)

:)De said...

My treadmill went wherever old treadmills go to die and I have missed it greatly. I have started saving my pennies (and nickels, and dimes and ...) towards a new one. Congrats on your new toy. Walk safe, have fun

Jenn said...

Yay! Good luck with it!! :)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin