His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Holiness



Ok, this is titled Holiness, so why the embarrassing picture of all the crud under my fridge?
Well, for some reason Christine's blog post about her fridge combined in my mind about what I am studying ; made perfect sense; probably only to me, who is now broadcasting the filth under my fridge to all of bloggy world, but there is a point to be made. My righteousness is like the crud under my fridge.

I am reading a book right now by J.C. Ryle. J.C. Ryle lived in the 1800's. However, his writings continue to bless us to this day. The book is called "Holiness, It's Nature, Hindrances, Difficulties and Roots". I am only on Chapter 2 and already I am drawn in, by the richness of this book.

I was reading about Sanctification this a.m., and as I was reading, about how the Holy Spirit makes us anew, when we have trusted in Christ. We are justified AND sanctified, and the true believer will have light, even if it is a glimmer of light, where before coming into the marvelous light, there was nothing but darkness.

This writer went on to talk of the false teachings that permeate the church. And this was in the 1800's! As I was reading I was drawn in and began to examine my own life, my own heart.... do I feast on the things that are lovely? Do I desire HIM, more and more?
Am I ABIDING in HIM?

Sadly, there are many areas in my life that I know are nothing but filthy. I don't want to be filthy.... I want to be totally sanctified NOW... I don't want to struggle... I don't want to..... yet this is the condition of my soul. God has made me alive in Christ, but has not removed my old nature. My old nature battles each day, with a renewed heart and mind. It battles to take back what it has lost. But Praise the Lord, through Jesus Christ for His infinite, wonderful, loving grace and mercy that he shows me each and every day. His mercies are new every morning and I rejoice in Christ my Savior and my Lord. I know that there is nothing good dwelling in me.
I know that I am only alive in Christ, because he called me out of the miry clay. He desires to mold and shape me. And I have the eternal hope that someday, I will cease to struggle and will be rid of this sinful flesh that weighs upon me, and I will be with HIM.
So why THIS under the fridge picture?
God chooses to see me like this: BECAUSE of Jesus Christ. There is nothing I can do to find favor with God, outside of Jesus Christ. In Christ, I am pure and clean, justified (just as if I'd never sinned) and am being sanctified..... :)

And now, I'll put my fridge back.

I was just horrified by the thought of what is under the stove!

4 comments:

Hevel said...

So, you said something about writing projects a while back. How are they coming along?

While I don't believe the same things as you do, I can see how your words can bring the same blessings to Christians as those words from the 19th century.

Mike and Christie said...

Because of my shoulder being so bad, I took a break. I was just thinking about starting it back up again. :)
thanks for the reminder, though it HAS been on my mind to complete SOMETHING! LOL

Mike and Christie said...

Thanks for the encouragement to continue. BTW. :)

Hevel said...

True talent shines. And true talent is a gift from HaShem. Using it is pretty much a commandment. :-)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin