His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, March 8, 2010

New Skates


A couple of days ago, our neighbor's daughter Haley was cleaning out her things that she no longer wanted. She came over to play, and brought Anna a new pair of skates that were barely used. They fit Anna perfectly and she was so very excited! She has never had roller skates. She has never really asked for them, but after Ice Skating last a couple of weeks ago, she brought up the idea of roller skates.

It is so cool,when the Lord blesses our children with the unexpected. :)
For 2 days now, Anna has had roller blades glued to her feet. I'm surprised she didn't try to sleep with them ..... However, she is doing school with them on. LOL

The other blessing, that made my heart joyful, was that Sarah and Erika were truly joyful that Anna received such a nice gift, even though they didn't. They were all out there laughing and playing and dragging her down the drive way, and on the front porch. I love it when children can be happy for each other.

The other neat thing, was last night Anna showed me the special card she made for Haley to thank her for the skates.

3 comments:

Hevel said...

Yay for your girls! They are truly special! I bet that they had as much fun with Anna's new skates as she did!

Chiara Elena said...

When I was three I tried to take my new bike in bed with me... You are way too lucky with Anna that my mother was with me!

Mike and Christie said...

Chiara,
It would be a different story if it were a bicycle. LOL

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin