His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Treasures

Some precious new photos have surfaced. One of them I had seen before, but not the other one.
I cropped a few to get more detail. Sarah's fingers on both hands were fused together, and bent down to where she couldn't lift them. The first surgery she ever had, before she came home to us, was on her hands. I remember when our friend Hal Tait, (the guy who provides all the "somebody from the pentagon loves me" shirts) called, I sent him a few pictures of the girls, and he wept with joy that Sarah's hands looked so wonderful. He said, "WOW! She has separated fingers!" Of course, at the time, I didn't know why she had had the surgery. Now I do. :)
These pictures are so precious. Sarah looks just the same, and the one in the back with the ponytails is Erika! :)



Sarah and Erika only spent 11 months together in the orphanage. But it was a bond forged in love and Sarah never forgot Erika for one minute. Erika didn't forget Sarah either!

On March 18 or 9th, we left for Ukraine to bring Erika home. It was a long journey and we KNEW going, that Erika and Sarah belonged together, with Anna.
Here are a couple of pictures of them meeting once again in April, at the Airport in Dallas, after being apart for nearly 2 years.
I remember Sarah saying (in this picture) SHE IS SO BIG! And Erika not understanding what she said, and speaking to Sarah in Russian, and then Sarah saying, "I NEVER talked like that!"
LOL
Anna was ready to start playing, and was VERY happy to have another playmate.

7 comments:

mommajeane said...

I love these pictures ... they certainly are very precious... and how they all have changed.

Diana said...

They are treasures! It still makes me sad that they youngest pictures we have of our kids are the ones we took the day we met them.

JJ said...

This is just one of the ALL time sweetest stories...EVER! So glad you got these photos of the girls at younger ages!

Hevel said...

What a blessing to have these pictures!

They are real treasures!

newmom2 said...

Those are some very precious photos of the girls....

Christine said...

How precious. Now you have my curiosity peaked. How did you end up with both girls?

Jodie said...

So cute! All of the girlies are cute and precious!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin