His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Pumpkin Pie in the Pumpkin


I found this recipe on Brenda's Blog.

Here is the recipe. AND.... it is gluten free! Yea!
Thanks Brenda!

1 5-8 lb. pumpkin (make sure it is a baking pumpkin which is a little darker shade)

6 eggs

2 1/2 C whipping cream

3/4 C brown sugar

2 tbsp. molasses

1/2 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg

1 tsp. cinnamon

1/4 tsp. ginger

1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

3 tbsp. unsalted butter


Cut the lid from pumpkin as you would for making a jack-o-lantern. Remove pulp and seeds from pumpkin, scraping quite clean. Save seeds for toasting later, if desired. In a large bowl, beat the eggs and add the cream, sugar, molasses, and spices. Beat smooth and pour into the pumpkin shell. Dot with butter and replace lid. Set pumpkin on a cookie sheet covered with aluminum foil and place in a 350 degree oven for 2 hours oruntil the mixture has set up like a custard pie. Time will vary with size of pumpkin.Serve directly from the pumpkin and instruct diners to be sure to take a bit of the shell with each scoop. Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream.Serves 6-12, depending on size of pumpkin.

7 comments:

JJ said...

Substituting Stevia as the sweetner and Daniel and I can have this. I happen to even have a pie pumkin! God is good...ALL the time!

Hevel said...

Oh I'm totally making this for a Shabbat dessert one of these days! Thanks for sharing!

JJ said...

Mine is in the oven. :-{}

Mike and Christie said...

Wow! Let me know how it turns out!
I'm planning to use Xylitol sugar which is ok for gluten free and ok for Candida diet. :)

JJ said...

Where did you find Xylitol, Sprouts? Oh how I miss Sprouts. Trader Joe's is a distant 2nd. :-(

Mike and Christie said...

They carry it at Whole Foods and Sprouts. But it is not in the food section at Sprouts. It is in the supplement section. I bought a larger bag for a PRICEY 17.00, but you gotta do what you gotta do. It is good for diabetics too.
Cooking season is here, and xylitol is and equal substitute for regular sugar,AND it fights tooth decay....So we can have our cake and fortify our teeth at the same time. LOL

Diana said...

I'm making this one, too. Since I'm diabetic, I'll either be using stevia and/or splenda brown sugar blend. I prefer the first, but we'll see how it goes. I haven't tried cooking with xylotol. I'll have to try it.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin