His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Our Dad


Our dad, aka "Oakie Grandfather" is in intensive care at St. Francis Hospital in Tulsa Oklahoma.
He is VERY critical.
From what we understand, all cancer treatment has been stopped. He has pneumonia due to aspiration, (food and fluid getting into his lungs) and congestive heart failure. His diabetes, which showed up about 3 weeks ago is not being controlled very well. It spikes and goes dangerously low.

Right now, he is on a respirator, and feeding tube, and is in an induced coma, to help him rest and not be agitated by the respirator.

If you think of our precious dad today, please send up a prayer.
And while your at it, pray for our mom too. I'm sure she is scared.
Thanks

6 comments:

Hevel said...

Keeping your whole family in my prayers at this difficult time.

JJ said...

Praying for you all.
{{HUGS}}
JJ

mommajeane said...

Oh Christie I am so sorry to hear this news. We will be praying for you and your family during this difficult time. I just lost my daddy in May and never thought it would be as hard as it has been. From what you have shared I know he is a very special man.

Polina said...

So sorry for your family. I lost my mom to cancer 2 days following her birthday in 2007. It was hard, but I was at peace, because I knew where she was (there was never any doubt about about that). In fact, my sister seemed a bit ill at me because I did not break down and cry. I explained that I knew where she was and that comforted me and a small part was even jealous. As mom was taking her last few breaths, I kissed her goodbye and told her to give her mom a big hug for me and tell her that I missed her.

It's hard, but what a reunion she experienced! You are in our prayers.

Tony B.

Tony and Dawn said...

Sorry Christie, the "Polina" comment was mine. I forgot to see who was signed in - again.

Mike and Christie said...

Thank you all for your sweet words.
Dad is stabilized right now, and on antibiotics. I was told he isn't in induced coma but is on medication to make him rest. He can hear when you speak to him.

Mom was able to go up and visit before dinner tonight, which is good. :)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin