His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

His Mercy Is New Every Morning




I didn't sleep well last night as I needed to make sure the girlies were sleeping well.
When my kids get sick I absolutely HATE it! I love caring for them, but I am a bit of a worry wart when it comes to sickness.
I know logically what to do, and I go into auto mode. We have had enough surgeries around here over the years, and sickness over the years , that I think I may have earned an honorary degree in medicine, or at least how to use a bed pan properly on a kid in a body cast. LOL

So, why is it I can deal better with amputations, osteotomy, hip surgeries, and all the other strange things over the years, but a simple fever, ear ache or cough scare me to death?

Well, I was fretting and woke up at 5:00 a.m. to Erika coughing. I woke her gave her water, more medicine, took her temperature, put a cold cloth on her head, moved her into my room so I could stare at her and watch her breathe and fall back asleep. She did. I didn't.

I got militant with my thermometer and checked Sarah's temp. 98.6~!!!! Horray!
Anna was faced the other way. She still feels slightly warm, but seems to be resting comfortably. After all it is still sort of the middle of the night. :)
Erika, just has this little cough. She ALWAYS seems to get a cough if she has surgery or if she gets a little cold, it turns into a cough. I am pretty sure it is related to her arthrogryposis. Her temp was a little over 100.

I was laying in bed, imagining the worst. This is not ok for me to do. It means that I am not resting in the Lord. I am worrying about things that I cannot control.
Now of course, in reality, if I felt she was REALLY sick, I'd take her in to see the doctor.
But it hasn't even been 24 hours yet, and she isn't that sick.
I'm more scared to take her in where people are REALLY sick and have her go home with something worse.
See, there is that worry again!
So I got up and went to one of my favorite Blogs on the East Coast. And there was a word there just for me. :) Thanks Jeanne!

Thank you Lord for giving me perspective. For blessing me with brothers and sisters who Love you and share the things you put on their heart in order to bless others.
Those words today are my living bread. :)
My manna.

2 comments:

Mike and Christie said...

The girlies are playing Hospital and I get to be the Dr. and the Nurse.

I'm exhausted with just 3 patients.

JJ said...

I wish I looked as beautiful as your girls when I am sick! Are you SURE the are sick, lol? Daniel used to have Respiratory Airway Disease which is not a big deal, other than he would develop a barking cough with any cold or sinus-related problem. Fortunately he outgrew it years ago.

Get some rest, little Mama, so the girls aren't going to have to take care of YOU! ;-)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin