His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Sarah Having Surgery

I have been noticing that Sarah is using her left hand less and less and even though it has always been "droopy" and rather weak, I didn't know there was anything to be done.

Sarah will have been with us 3 years on May 5, and her hand surgeries were before she arrived.

I made an appt. for follow up with the hand clinic. The Dr. was very kind. He looked at her hand and said that he had operated on it before and couldn't understand what had happened, but for her to have better use of it, he will need to redo the operation. It will mean she has to be in a cast up to her armpit for 6 weeks. She isn't too thrilled about that, but if it means better function with that hand, it will be worth it. The tendon that runs along the top of the arm is what they will be operating on.
He said the only thing he could figure is that it slipped from its position.



She was feeling rather dramatic about the whole thing, and is really bummed about the brace she has to wear until surgery. :)

They will call us with a date.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Oh my, I'm sorry she has to go through this again. I hope for a speedy recovery. :) Happy 3rd anniversary!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin