His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, May 5, 2008

Celebrating 3 Years With Our Sarah



This was a picture of Sarah 3 years ago:
Oh my, this has been a busy week. Yesterday, the first day of the week was our 3rd anniversary with our little Sarah. She has developed into a wonderful, sweet young lady since she came home.


After our experience at the Doctor that I posted about last week, I won't go into detail on how she understands her standing in our family, other than to say, She VERY much understands that she is secure and loved and that she is in her forever family.

She also knows some very special people cared for her before we knew her and that God had his hand on her life, even in the most difficult of circumstances.

Sarah is blossoming and she loves her family. Most importantly, she love Jesus. She has professed faith and is now a communion taking member of the body of Christ. She takes this very seriously. I cannot wait for those of you who are coming to Dallas soon, to visit with our little girl and rejoice with us. You have had a huge part in her life and because of listening to the call of Christ, Sarah knows Jesus as her savior.

Here are a few more pictures of Sarah up until now.









6 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I look at that last picture of Sarah I say "WOW!" because she as grown up so fast. And she looks so mature there......like she's 2 years older than she is now:)
-Katie

Tony & Dawn said...

What a beautiful young lady has become! What a joyful time it is when a son/daughter accepts Jesus Christ as their personal savior! To me, if I do nothing else, but walk them down this road so they can make that important decision, then I have done my job as a parent.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I just found your blog and have been reading all morning. I love your parenting style. What a nice little world you have created.

map

David and Sarah said...

I just found your blog. We, also, adopted a little girl from Ukraine who was in disrupted adoption. She also came to us 3 years ago (this coming June). She is now 10 years old and a true joy!
Blessings to you and your beautiful family!
Sarah

Mike and Christie said...

MAP is that You? :) Howdy and Welcome!

David and Sarah, that is interesting we have that similarity. Glad things are going so well for you.

Tony and Dawn, yes... introducing our children to Christ as older children is an interesting experience. I'm going to write more about that soon.
(maybe today, you just inspired me)

Katie,
When I look at YOU every week, I think the exact same thing! WOW! My baby grand daughter is GROWING UP!
You are amazing! And I love you FOREVER.....

Mike and Christie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin