His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Friday, May 9, 2008

The Home School Bookfair

Today was the big day! We attended the Annual Home School Bookfair. There were thousands of people there, and we were happy to go to see our "annual friends." The only time we see them is at the book fair! Our favorite booth is the Rod and Staff booth. They have WONDERFUL curriculum for Language Arts, Spelling, Reading and Math.

It was so fun when the Pastor from the Rod and Staff booth came out with a hearty greeting. We have seen each other annually for 16 or 17 years! He came to show me a book his daughter had written about Russian Orphans. I thought that was very sweet of him to remember us out of thousands of faces that he sees every year.

We also visited the site of Jim Weiss. Last year, he gave the girls a free signed CD of stories. (the 12 dancing princesses) This year, we purchased another story CD. The girls have listened to the other one for a year and have not tired of it!
His wife was there and gave the girls another one along with our purchase. Oh my aren't they fortunate!

So, the great thing is, we were able to get all our curriculum lined up for next year rather quickly. I decided to keep with the science we have. I could not justify spending 16.95 per book for a paperback Abeka science book that is so very basic. :(

We still have several units of the curriculum we have, so we will stick with it.
I can't believe we are going to start 4th grade. Everybody is on par and things are going great.

Of course, we purchased numerous Rod and Staff readers. Those are the most wholesome books, and the girls love them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like all of you had much fun!:)
-katie p.

Muddled Muse said...

I remember the Homeschool Book Fair! Those red and white balloons...and the mass of people surging around displays...and all the interesting booths with science, cooking, snakes, books, puppets, wood-working, music, and...stuff. It was so sad when they canceled the science displays because those were so incredibly cool for a little 2nd grader to walk around in. Good times. I'm glad it still is a delight to other young ladies!!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin