His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, May 12, 2008

Ok, Call me Callous....

But I couldn't stop laughing when I saw this "tomb stone". She had everything right but the birth date. It was MAY not March. :)

I never heard her USE a name for him, as we don't name our food, so it could be just a dramatic act or it could be that his name really was Birdsaye. BUT.... either way, on Thanksgiving Day, he will be on my plate.

6 comments:

Melissa E. said...

"killed by Christie Minich" I like that part!

BTW, I am wondering about the final weight?!!

Anonymous said...

yes:) is it 50 lbs!!!!???
katie

Mike and Christie said...

Sorry Katie,
not 50 lbs.
Close, but not cigar for you deary!

Mike and Christie said...

Hey Melissa,
Do you have a different email from Steve. I sent your answer to the only email address I have, but I think it is Steves. :)

Melissa E. said...

seimers@adelphia.net ?

That is the main one I use. He has a yahoo one that I sometimes see and I have a yahoo one that I rarely check.
The above is the best. I didn't see an email from you but I'll look.

David and Sarah said...

Oh, my! What is childhood without making bird tombstones?! I buried so many birds as a kid, and my children seem to have taken up the tradition. We have a couple of tombstones in our yard at the moment. Of course, we're not going to eat those birds!
Sarah

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin