His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Pulling In The Reigns

The last month I have been sloppy in my parenting, and allowing things to slide abit too much.  Trying to prepare for the conference, get some writing done, go to support group and bible study, had made me lazy on some things!

We typically have a  specific bedtime: 9:30, lights out.... We typically have specific meals that we spend TOGETHER, and I was letting some of those slide too much.... and honestly, things can happen so fast and digress so fast it is amazing! 
There wasn't anything particularly BAD going on, it was just more like "lazy".  Not only was MY room messy, chores weren't getting done as well as they should, I was not checking, and then, somebody who shall not be named began to sleep in her CLOTHES!  EEWWWW..... that is just not something we want to see.

SOOOOO,  Mike and I talked and said, "Time to pull in the reigns!"  That means, stop the direction you are going and get back on track!

We decided to make it fun.... I have this UNEDITED video to show.  We had a lot of fun with it.
We have been studying 2nd Kings for our devotions in the morning time, and we just finished reading about King Josiah.  He was told that the books of the law had been found and he gathered all of the people to listen to the books of the law.  After they had been read, he TORE his clothes out of distress, because they were so far away from where they were supposed to be... NOT following in the ways of the Lord!
We figured the girls would enjoy a reenactment with a twist..... "our own LAW". :)
I had no idea Daddy could be such a great actor! LOL
The interesting thing, was a few of them were NOT on board especially when we mentioned bedtimes or pj's...... but guess what!  After we turned off the camera, we all sat together and talked about the GOOD things about order..... and last night?  Everybody was in bed ON TIME, CLEAN, IN  PJ's.....AND everybody was UP ON TIME this a.m.!

Spring and Summer are coming quickly and we need to make the most of the sunshine! Planting season is upon us, and I know a particular little girl who WANTS to be a farmer! (This encouraged her to get up early this a.m.)


(you didn't see Erika in this because she was filming) :)

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin