His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Sewing Machine

I have turned my sewing machine over to the girls to share. I will share with it too, if I ever get truly inspired.

Erika got busy first.... she instantly knew how to make a set of pillow cases for her room!

Now she needs a new quilt to match the new pillow cases.
Ummm, that material was for a skirt for ME! She is now on alert to ask before invading the material. :)


Anna, found a pair of old jeans and made herself this purse. I thought it was rather clever!


This is her waiting for her next turn....

Sarah, is working on stitching things and is taking things a little more slowly.

Here she is patiently waiting for her turn to practice. :)

I just thought of a great idea! Maybe I should have ERIKA make my skirt for me! :)
Happy Thought!

2 comments:

mommajeane said...

I am impressed...I do not sew well. I think I am to impatient but your girls look like they have picked it up fast.

Hevel said...

Now, as pretty as that fabric is, I think it makes way better pillowcases than skirts. That's why it decided to attack Erika and convince her to turn it into pillow cases.

The purse is simply brilliant.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin