His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Lillian


I took Katie and Lillian to the Home School Book Fair today with the other girls.
They had a great time. While Sarah was participating in the Chess tournament, Katie, Anna and Erika were busy looking at books and listening to a conference speaker.


Lillian and I were sitting down resting, and I was trying to keep her entertained. It had been a LONG two days! She asked if she could draw something. So I found a piece of paper for her to draw on, and she started to try and draw leaves and flowers.


She said, "Ya-Ya, can you draw a Tulip for me?" I said, "Sure!" So I drew her a tulip.
She looked at my finished artwork and said, "Um, Ya-Ya, that is a weed." She then proceeded to show me how to draw a Tulip.

So, I humored her and tried again. This time she said, "Ya-Ya, that is a weed again! You really need more practice." LOL

She makes me laugh all the time. She was so serious and sweet, but really was wanting to let me know that MY version of a tulip is not the same as hers.

I told her I would try harder next time. :)

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin