His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother Lois 1934-2010

With Heavy Hearts, once again, we are touched by the sting of death in our family.
It was not long ago, that Dad died. Mom has followed him and is now in the hands of the Lord.


(Ed, Lois, Chris and Mike) Mike is the one of the right with his dad dotingly looking at him. :) )



We are all saddened and abit shocked, as her health issues were more chronic in nature. But recently, they took a turn for the worse, and she is now forever etched in our memories.

I am so thankful for the invention of the camera. Without it, we would not be able to pour over the pictures and memories that photos leave for us to delight.

Each of these pictures of modern day, I can remember the incident and the words spoken.

Lois was a very sweet person. She was plagued by moments or seasons of illness that would cause us to feel so sad for her, but she worked hard to overcome.

I do know that she was amazing at remembering dates. The kids never had to wonder if gramma remembered their birthay or Christmas or Easter, or halloween or Thanksgiving or Valentines day or any other number of holidays inbetween. There was always a fun goodie bag of candy and erasers or stickers waiting for them in the mail box, and the inscription was always the same. Love and Prayers Gramma and Grampa.

She would always call and want to know the sizes of each child to make sure she purchased everything just so.

Mom had a fondness for little girls, and always seemed to just smile with them around. Of course, her FAVORITE little girl, was Carla, her only daughter. She just LOVED Carla to pieces, as all mothers do. She and Carla had a very special bond, and we are so thankful that Carla could be with her until the very end. Thank you Carla! We know that Mom would have wanted you right by her side.

Here are a few pictures of Mom over the years.








7 comments:

Hevel said...

I'm sorry for your loss. I hope she and Grampa are enjoying their reunion.

advocatemom said...

So very sorry for your loss.

Diana said...

Oh, Christie. I'm so sorry. Saying goodbye, even if only for a season is never easy or fun. May your family be blessed with peace and strength during this difficult time.

JJ said...

What a double whammy for Mike to lose his parents in such a short time! We will be praying for you ALL, Christie...especially Mike. Sudden deaths can be especially challenging. I pray that you can all grieve in a healthy way, and then move forward in peace, knowing that you did everything you could. None of us are perfect, but we can trust God to to be strong in our weaknesses. He is faithful. {{HUGS!}}

mommajeane said...

I am sorry to hear about your beloved Grandma and Mom. Our prayers are with your family.

Tulsa Gentleman said...

Regina of the Monos meditation group send an email today with the news of Lois's passing. First Jimmy, then Ed, and now Lois. I know they are together in the arms of the Lord but I loved them very much and will miss them terribly. I extend my deepest condolences to all of you.

When Ed came over to my house for our men's prayer and share on Monday night he always brought news about the activities and accomplishments of his large family.

It was clear that he had great love and respect for each of you. We felt like we knew all of you ourselves. Clearly the love of Christ shown on and through each of you.

We got together to hear a muslim man speak, just to hear what he had to say. We went to a new sandwich shop because ed liked the food. He always liked to tease the little girls who took or order. We went out one day to attempt to fly two double harnessed kites. He simply enjoyed life at every opportunity.

I pray God's blessings on all of you and send my profound love and respect to each of you and know that your lives are richer because of Ed and Lois.

Annie said...

Oh, I am so sorry for your loss...she looks like such a lovely, enjoyable person.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin