His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, May 20, 2010

One Very Confused Chicken



We have had a lone chicken named Midnight for quite some time. She didn't have any other chicken friends for about a year. This is the same chicken who layed eggs by the back door for Mike after he threatened to eat her.

Well, since we got the other chickens, she wants nothing to do with them. She will stay with the goats, or come back to the porch. She keeps laying her eggs on the porch, and has become "broody", meaning she wants to sit on her eggs. But that would be useless since we have no rooster to be a daddy.

So, we keep getting her eggs and making her go back out to the yard. Well, today, she found a baby doll (rather bald egg headed doll) LOL and she has adopted its HEAD as her giant baby egg! She has been sitting by it or ON it all day! Tonight, we went out to check on her and she put her wing over the baby doll's head to protect it.


I just think she is the sweetest, most confused chicken ever! We need a rooster so she can fulfill her motherly duties! :)

3 comments:

mommajeane said...

That is the sweetest chicken ever... I love this post and animals like her.. yes she does need some chicks.. how dear.

:)De said...

Very funny and interesting.

Peace

Chiara Elena said...

Oh yes please, get her a rooster! My friend Silvia fixed her female dog once she rescued her from a shelter. Some years after she stole a kitten from a neighbor backyard and tried to parent it. It is the most cute and heartbreaking memory I have of Sofia, a beautiful and loving chocolate Lab

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin