His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Friday, January 2, 2009

Little Girl Mischief?????

I was just notified of a little girl who decided it would be great fun to take her leg off, place it on the sidewalk and hide behind the brick mailbox, so the innocent woman walking her dog could get the shock of her life. :)

This little girl proceeded to let me know the woman's response which went something like "OH MY G--!"AHHHHH!!!!!

This certain little girl won't be doing that again, I hope. :)

16 comments:

Sar said...

LOL that gave me a giggle! What a little monkey.

Diana said...

Ok...That one is worth at least 10 points for creativity...and another 10 for humor. In fact, I found it down right hilarious! I was laughing so hard that I had to read your post to the rest of my family, who also got a really good laugh out of it. At least you know she's not wallowing in dispair over her circumstances, but is making the best of them.

What I really want to know is how long were you able to keep the straight face while disciplining her?

Mike and Christie said...

Well Diana,
After pulling myself together and wiping the tears from my eyes from laughing so hard: I said very seriously,"We won't be doing that again will we?" And gave her the mommy look my boys are so familiar with.... glasses down,looking down my nose with lips pursed.....

She said no....
I also explained that though it was funny, it isn't ok to scare people. They could have heart problems. Or in this case, develop them. LOL

:)De said...

That is too funny. Very hard to look stern for that one I bet.

:)De

mommajeane said...

I too laughed so hard and shared it with the kids... kids are so funny...

Muddled Muse said...

Awesome. You have a little feminine "Calvin" on your hands.

Muddled Muse said...

BTW... Ben says "That's AWESOME. Good for her!"

JJ said...

With friends like you...who needs TV comedy, LOL! Did you tell "her" that next time the leg goes in time out??? Hee hee!

Emily Minich said...

How funny! I wish I could have been there and seen that poor woman's face! Reminds me of when we were keeping the girls and Sarah took her leg off in church and just sat there. Poor Hyde's face was hilarious when he looked over and saw a leg on its own!!!

Emily Minich said...

what happened to comment rmoderation?

Lorraine said...

Sounds like something Paulina would do. Luckily we live so far out in the country no one walks by our house.

Mike and Christie said...

We don't have sidewalks either. This happened while we were visiting some friends in town on a play date. :)

Kylie said...

which daughter did this? or are we not mentioning any names?

Mike and Christie said...

Hey Kylie,
It was Sarah.

The Noelles said...

What do you mean Emily? I love you bye. sarah

Mike and Christie said...

Sarah,
comment moderation is when the comment doesn't show up until you approve it. I turned it on for a while. I turned it back off as it isn't needed right now.

Love,
Mommy

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin