His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Enchanted

Last night for our movie night, we watched "Enchanted".
It is a movie based upon the Musical.
The story line is, a Princess in cartoonland gets banished to New York and continues to behave with the innocence like the cartoon princesses, and as the story unfolds, the prince comes to life as does the wicked step mother etc.

Remember Sleeping Beauty and the old woman with the apple? That scene comes to life with the woman and the apple.

Well, it sent Sarah in for a couch dive, scared her to death. When it was bedtime, she went to sleep but awoke scared and had to sleep with mommy and daddy . :) After alot of talking and praying she finally went to sleep. I woke up tired and needed COFFEE! STRONG COFFEE!

Well, this a.m. Sarah was all rested and the Fairy Princess in her came to life. Right now she is "cleaning the castle", singing, "While your cleaning don't stop singing"!
(WITH SOME DANCING AND TWIRLS THROWN IN FOR DRAMATIC EFFECT)
She didn't eat her morning apple. She chose yogurt instead. LOL

4 comments:

Diana said...

Too funny! I love that movie, and so do my kids...but that scene is pretty scary! Unfortunatley, it's never instilled a desire to "clean the castle" in any of my munchkins.

Lorraine said...

When we saw that movie, Paulina said she wondered if she opened her window animals would come in and clean the house. Well, the window in her room leads to the fenced portion of our back yard where the dogs live. So we told her animals would come in all right, but they would not clean the room! The only thing they would clean would be her face (with kisses) and any food on the floor.

amy said...

what a fun movie night and I love your playlist..

We are adopting from CHina..This is a great blog

Mike and Christie said...

Thanks Amy,
Do you know what your time frame is for going to China? I have a friend who just got back from China.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin