His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, January 3, 2009

A New Guitar

I found this guitar at a great price. Erika has been wanting a guitar for a long time, and we can all learn to play it. I remember a little bit, but not enough to really play, so now we need a good cord book and we will have Music class! :)
Here are a couple of pics of Erika with the guitar. It really has quite a good sound.




As I was cleaning up abit this a.m., I heard Erika in the bedroom strumming away, the same strum the same sound and same note, but singing a most wonderful song she made up from the bottom of her heart.

"I Praise You Lord" "I thank you Lord", "I thank you for my Family"
"I Praise You Lord" I thank you Lord......

It was all just really sweet. :)

4 comments:

JJ said...

How awesome!

I saw what looked like a good beginner guitar dvd/book series at either a Borders or a Barnes and Noble in NC.

There is a really advanced "beginner" guitar VHS at the library, but it was way over my head! It might work as a refresher for you, Christie.

Also I bought David a really good guitar CD-rom years ago. He used it to refresh his knowledge, but he played electric guitar...so hmmm...I just don't know...but I'll check.

Maybe we can loan Erika our beginner book soon. It's about time for book 2 at our house! :+))

Mike and Christie said...

That sounds good! I'm going to look for a specific chord book too.
Thanks JJ

Lorraine said...

Awesome! Paulina is trying to teach herself, Bob plays a little, but Paulina has to play left handed (she is right handed but doesn't have enough fingers on her left hand to use it for fingering) Once we get settled into our routine we want to come visit you and I will have Paulina bring her guitar, maybe Erica will encourage her to keep trying.

Kylie said...

Christie I think we need to have a camp get together, I miss y'all and everyone else!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin