His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Little Girl's Tea



Every year at our church we have a Mother Daughter "little girl's" Tea. It is for girls 5-11. There is a craft and a devotional, and special music and dance. The girls have looked forward to this each year. This was our 3rd year to attend all together.
We had a wonderful time and some thoughtful person actually makde Gluten Free Cookies! YUM.... oh, and the tea was served in real china cups with real china tea pots. The girls thought it was "Simply Marvelous Darling!"





5 comments:

Melissa E. said...

My, what lovely young ladies you have!

Oakie Grandpa said...

These girls are going to by young ladies before you know it.

Rebecca said...

wish I could have pulled out my wide brimmed hat(I love hats--especially big ones) and joined you! The girls are beautiful.

The Price Family said...

Hello -- I am hosting a tea party for pre-school girls and just wondered if you have craft and devotional ideas??

christie said...

Pre school is young, but I think a craft that would work would be to get small terracotta flower pots and let the kids use tissue paper and modge podge (craft glue stuff) to make designs on their flower pots. Primary paint brushes work great. They dry pretty quickly.... then, have soil and flowers ready to plant. You can get those 6 plant packets for pretty cheap and then you don't have to pour soil, just transfer plant in soil to pot for them to take home.

You can give the pre school version of the Parable of the Sower.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin