His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Rest Time for Mommy


Our little Sarah is going through such a sweet stage. She is just appreciating her family and has expressed how much she just loves having a mommy and a daddy.
She's played baby a little bit lately, so I know she needs the rocking time and cuddle time and I enjoy the snuggles with her.

She told me, "mommy, you just rest ok? We'll take care of the kitchen for you!"

I thought, "How sweet!" So I rested. I kept hearing "questionable" noises coming from the kitchen, but I was in that "twilight zone" between awake and asleep and just layed there paralyzed on the couch. :)

When the girls had finished the kitchen, they came and woke me up. It was time to get dinner started and I needed to get movin'!

I went to the pantry and they were so excited they were all bursting with giggles and glee! They had such a surprise for mommy!

THEY REORGANIZED THE ENTIRE PANTRY!

Now, this would have been wonderful, if they had used their newly acquired alphabetizing skills! OR... the lessons we learned about food groups, or ANYTHING remotely close to that....

No... it was all topsy turvey. I was trying to cook dinner and it felt like I was in somebody else's kitchen who had severe ADHD...:)

I started thinking, "If I were very short, where would I put the dried bell peppers!
Yep, there they were next the cereal, nuts and jello on the bottom shelf!
If I were very short, where would I put the olive oil? Yep, bottom shelf too! :)

I smiled at them, and thanked them for being so nice and trying to help. I didn't have the heart to tell them, it wasn't a help.

So, after they go to bed, I'll re arrange things and get it back to semi normal organized.

But, I'm so thankful for their hearts. They really wanted to do something sweet and nice for me, and that is really what counts.

Those proud happy little faces were worth a messed up pantry.

NOW... NEXT TIME they want me to take a nap, I'll suggest sorting laundry. :) They KNOW how to do that. :)

3 comments:

Melissa E. said...

How about waking past the bathroom sighing, "I am sooo tired but I must clean that room..." and see what happens!

christie said...

OOOHHH! Now that is a good idea!
I think.....

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet!
-katie

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin