His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Friday, April 18, 2008

Last Full Day In Ukraine

Today was the last full day we had in Ukraine 2 years ago. We were living in a beautiful apartment overlooking DownTown Kiev. I remember the Easter Weekend Church bells ringing as we stood out on our balcony.

I was trying to take in every moment and savor it. Kiev is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. Living in Texas, we don't see many "Old" things. We walked in Churches that were Centuries OLD! Our building was OLD; probably older than any building in Wylie. Here are some pictures from our Apartment. Made me nervous standing on that balcony!



Our last day, after going to the Embassy to finish paperwork and pick up the visa, we spent our time walking around, playing in the apartment with Erika, and mostly "waiting!" We were soooo ready to get on that plane and go home.

We missed our other girlies so very much and couldn't wait to see their sweet faces.

We finished the food we had left that night instead of going out. We had simple eggs and bread and milk. Erika was happy with anything.

That night, after putting Erika to sleep; Mike and I just stared at each other in wonder and awe at all the Lord had done for us, even up to the very last minute. We thought getting the visa was the very last minute, but it wasn't. (that I'll mention tomorrow)


Here is one more picture, but this is from Kharkiv. I was so disappointed that when we flew into Paris, my hopes of seeing the Eifel Tower were dashed because of fog and rain.... I was so pleased to find my own Eifel Tower in Kharkiv~!

3 comments:

Melissa E. said...

We ate at that coffee shop!! I remember it because we got these delicious looking pastries only to bite into them and find them extremely unpalatable to our American tongues!!

christie said...

That is sooo cool!

Yea, I do remember the pastries were a bit like cardboard, but they sure were pretty! :)

Tony & Dawn said...

You adoption story is amazing! People at church seem puzzled when I tell them our adoption is a blessing from God. Most don't really understand the comment because they are thinking from the perspective "oh this is a great thing you're doing". No, actually I am thankful God is allowing me to do this and has blessed me in this manner. Children are truly a blessing and I am grateful for this opportunity. I can tell from your blog and comments on some of the boards you feel the same way.

God Bless . . .

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin