His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Moments In Time Designed By God

I had a few minutes alone yesterday between going to the Dr. for a physical and coming home. Many times, when I am alone, that is when I have a chance to think and reflect and worship and sing, and then I am home.:)

I began to think about all the women I know who are unable to have children, or have been caused to be unable to have children due to illness. I was also thinking about the blessings of the Lord in our lives.

I was told I couldn't have children. That is a laugh. 4 boys later, the doctor was scratching his head with wonder. I'm not kidding. He couldn't beleive it.

Now, as a Gramma, there are new blessings coming along, and my mind went back to a time when Our oldest son Chucky was 2.
In order to wash his hair I used "Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific!". I'd tell him, your hair will smell like flowers! So he'd be willing to get that hair washed. And he had LOADS of long blonde hair.

One day, we were going to have lunch with my mother in law at her medical building.
She worked for that doctor that said she wouldn't be a gramma, by us anyway. :)

Chucky had just had that head of hair washed and we went into the medical building to see his Gramma. Well, he saw this lady sitting on a bench. She was probably my age now. He ran up to her and jumped in her lap and said, "Gramma! Gramma! Then, very seriously, "Smell my hair it smells like flowers!". This shocked woman smelled his hair and said, "It smells very nice!" He still didn't know it wasn't her and continued to sit on her lap, as we waited for his gramma to come down stairs. This woman started to cry a little. You see, her daughter was in the next room having final tests for ovarian cancer, and this woman was sitting there thinking about her loss.
Her personal loss of not being a gramma, and her daughter's loss of not being a mom.
She was praying that the Lord would let her know the experience of being a gramma.
And then....
There came Chucky. All chunky toddler that he was plopping himself in her lap and being so natural with her.
She said, the Lord had answered her prayer.
That was 27 years ago.
I have thought about that lady and her daughter over the years. Did her daughter become a mom, either by birth or adoption? Did she become a gramma? The story was not over, but this woman was touched that the Lord saw fit to give her that oh so personal experience at her time of need.

Isn't that just how God is? He is so very concerned with the personal, with the little, with the detail. Sometimes we see the problem and not the end result.
Most of the time we see the problem and not the end result. Then, when that end result comes, we see the Wisdom of God, and we worship.

1 comment:

JJ said...

Proof that God uses our children in mysterious ways!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin