His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, April 28, 2008

LATE BREAKING NEWS........

We have some AWESOME news around here. We have been working on standing without feet.
Well, today, Miss Erika surprised ALL of us. She got up, walked to the bathroom, got dressed, and came to the breakfast table ALL by HERSELF!!!!! Isn't that AMAZING!
ALL WITHOUT FEET! The kind of amputation she has makes this possible. Not all kids are able to do it, but she is one who has been working at it.
The Symes amputation takes the Heel from the foot and places at the bottom of the amputation with the idea, that the heel is meant to stand on. And, it worked! HORRAY!

This is huge not just for her, but for me too. This means, she doesn't have to wait on me to get her out of bed. This means if she needs to potty in the middle of the night, she doesn't need to call for help. This means FREEDOM for her in many areas.

Do I sound excited? YOU BET I AM! An amazing little miracle took place in our home today and it couldn't be a better Monday. :)

2 comments:

Melissa E. said...

FANTASTIC!!!!!

Christine said...

Wow! That is so amazing! I am so happy for her.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin