His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, December 31, 2007

The New Year Is Upon Us!

Yikes..
How does it happen so fast. It seems that I just get used to writing down the new date, 2007, and starting tomorrow, I have to start writing 2008! How is it that as we get older, time does seem to go faster?
Now I know there is a mathematical solution for this that makes perfect sense, but it definitely gives me a sense of being, well, OLD. :)

But this isn't about being old, it is about the New Year!
I actually Love New Years. Everything has a chance to start over. Not that you can't make changes in the middle of the year, as we all do, but there is something that is refreshing about starting fresh with the new year.

So this year, has been BUSY. We have had surgeries, new legs delivered, dr's. appt's. visits with friends,visits with family, travel to AZ, we have had our share of tragedy and our share of triumph.
There has been the tragedy of death in our family, and there has been the welcoming of new life.
We have seen the girlies grow both physically and emotionally, and even in their setbacks, they are moving full steam ahead; turning into beautiful young ladies.

We are so very thankful to the Lord for the lives he has given us. Our lives are fulfilled in serving Christ. We are not without problems, and we are thankful for those problems. They keep us on our knees. Without tragedy, we wouldn't know triumph. Without sorrow, we wouldn't appreciate joy. And it is such a part of life, the life that God has chosen for us to live.

As we prepare to be ushered into the New Year, we have no guarantees, we have no assurances that we will live this entire year in success and happiness. However, we do not enter this year in a spirit of fear. Because what we DO have, is the assurance and guarantee of a Savior, Christ the Lord, who will hold our hand and walk us through all of the unknown. Unknown to us, but certainly not unknown to Him. He will continue to break us and mold and shape us and cause us to cleave to him.

And someday, a day we look forward to, we will not have to worry about how to write the newest year in our check book, because we will just need to remember "eternity".
There will be no weeping, no sorrow or sadness or pain. There will only be Life in Christ.

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin