His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, December 10, 2007

Baby Jesus KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS

I remember teaching Awana a few years back. I was teaching my favorite group, the "Sparkies". It is such a great name for Kindergarten to 2nd grade. They are kind of like little "sparklers", all over the place, but if you aim them in the right direction, they just sparkle and shine.

It was Christmas time, and we were of course talking about "Baby Jesus". We had done and interactive play with Mary, Joseph, the wise men, baby Jesus, donkey's etc.

ALL the kids knew about the shepherds, wise men and baby Jesus.

What surprised me though, was that many did not connect Jesus the Man, the Crucified one, the Lord, the Savior, with Baby Jesus.

"Do You mean that is the SAME guy?"

YES.....

The world LOVES to celebrate His birth. The cute little baby, in the manger, sent as the Savior. "For on this Day in the City of Bethlehem, a Savior is born, Christ the Lord".
But when it comes to him growing up, walking among us, convicting us of our sin, telling us that HE is the Way, The Truth, The Life..... people start dropping off the celebration wagon.

In order to be forgiven of sin,to be saved, we need to recognize that we are sinners in need of salvation!

Jesus was perfect, sinless, and the final and complete sacrifice for sin. Why is the "baby" accepted, in song and celebration, but the Man, disputed, rejected, diminished?

The truth is, This is the WAY God showed his love for us, He sent His only Begotten Son.

That Son, would pay the ultimate price for our sin. Death on a Cross. But it doesn't end at his birth, nor at His death.

GOD RAISED HIM FROM THE DEAD! He is eternal, His name is above ALL names and Every Knee Shall Bow and EVERY tongue confess that Jesus Christ Is LORD~!

Merry Christmas

3 comments:

Kevin and Krista said...

I was in Sparkies as a kid.

:) Krista from FRUA

Sarah Hamersma said...

Hi Christie,

I'm a lurker on your blog (got it through FRUA) and just want to thank you for your posts, especially this one. It is a great witness to us to see your family's commitment to living out your faith.

Sarah (sarah_h from FRUA)

Edspeech said...

I am somewhat surprised that children don't connect baby Jesus with Christ crucified...and yet I would guess some adults also don't. I bought some awesome cards to send to a few on my card list. It looks like a baby announcement with a baby's footprint that says, "For unto you is born this day...". On the inside it looks like a black hand print with the red blood mark stating "...a Savior which is Christ the Lord." I really loved the way it connected these concepts. Just thought I would share this card concept with you. :*)

Tic-Tac-Toe...Edspeech...also from FRUA

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin