His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, December 3, 2007

When Santa Fell In Love With Joe

When Joseph was 3, I took him to see Santa Clause at the Mall. This Santa was such a cool Santa. He had a REAL long white beard, and long white hair. He had a beautiful red suit and little round gold rimmed glasses. Marcus was not about to see Santa, but Joe was intrigued.
I had never "pushed" the Santa Clause thing on them, but he had seen Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and had seen the Mall Santa, so we paid a visit. After a long wait in line, Joe got on Santa's lap. With those large Hazel eyes he stared at Santa and talked to him about his cars and just contenly sat on his lap. He never asked for anything for Christmas. He didn't get the concept of "Christmas getting" quite yet.

The large elf woman was asking me about picture packages for 19.95 and I couldn't afford that. I said no picture, he just wants to see Santa. He came out with a look of contentment on his face and didn't say anything. He just seemed happy. A week later, I took the kids back to the mall to see the decorations again. Joe asked to see Santa again. There wasn't a line, so there he was back on Santa's lap. Again, he talked about his cars, but didn't ask for anything. Then again, and then again. Santa smiled when he came to see him the last time. He thought he was such a sweet little guy and commented about how he never asks for anything. He just wants to visit. Santa seemed pleased about that.
They stopped asking to take pictures and understood, Joe just wanted to talk to Santa one more time. Santa let him talk as long as he wanted, and then he went home content. I think Santa still remembers Joe and those sweet hazel eyes staring at him in awe.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

That is such a sweet story !
I love your views on the whole Santa thing (lurking on FRUA).
You're an inspiration Christie and when I grow up I wanna be just like you ! LOL

Gugs

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin