His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Christmastime Is Here



Here we are at another Christmas season. I love this time of year. I love the smells, the lights, the activity, watching the crowds, the smiles of strangers, everything is just better in December.

There is banter back and forth on how to celebrate the Holiday. Do you celebrate it as the Birth of Christ or as a Secular cultural Holiday? I have heard persuasive discussions from both camps.

However you choose to celebrate; tree, no tree, gifts, no gifts, religious only, secular only, mixed up and all in between or mixed up and all in betweeen, don't forget that EVERYDAY that we live, is a day to Celebrate Christ our Lord. It is a day for which we should be thankful. Every day is a reminder that Christ did come in the form of a man, emptied himself of His glory and became a serveant unto death. It is a time to reflect upon the baby who came, but also the one who reigns as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. It is a time to remember that this is how God showed His love for us.
That while we were yet sinner's Christ Died for us.

The Ultimate Gift, became the Ultimate Sacrifice to give us Ultimate Life; He is our Life.

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin