His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Friday, December 7, 2007

The Kindness of Strangers

Today was one of those days. The kind where you wonder why you woke up in the first place.....

I had to go to the insurance office to give them our premium before we became uninsured homeowners. I brought with me a delicate plate of home made coconut macaroons for an insurance peace offering.

I was about a mile from the office when the van made a wierd noise and then that all too familiar alarm sounded as the van died and drifted off to the curb. Now the last time I heard that sound I was in the middle of nearly nowhere and it overheated and the engine burned into a melted heap of metal. This time, I was pushing buttons to see if it was hot and it wasn't but it was that same unnerving sound.

So, I try to start it again, no go. I call Mike and he tells me to try and start it again. Nope, it won't budge. He calls a tow truck and heads to get me. He arrived at the same time as the tow truck. But inbetween that time I couldn't believe how nice people were. No less than 8 different cars stopped to offer help or assistance to use their cell phone. I was really proud of Dallas Texas.

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin